Friday, March 7, 2008

putting it together

Since the success of running my program on the blackberry, I also tested it on some windows mobile devices. Of course at that point it was just a splash screen :) However at this time, I have started pulling sample code together and actually writing talkLock.java. I am having some trouble tying things together in my noggin, since midlet code is really the tip of the j2me iceberg. There is a lot of magic happening that doesn't make sense reading code, so I made a little shell script to make comment-free copies of the j2me sources, and I put them all in one directory. So now I can just type "grep thing *" and find any place "thing" appears in the j2me sources. I also put the sources on my home web server so I can browse them if I am away from my development MacBook. Hopefully this will help me tie the "magical" parts of j2me code together in my head.

No comments: