Saturday, March 8, 2008

umm, partial success or something

Well, I am quite proud :) I took some code that I found on the net, a program to record audio, and another that plays audio. I had to do some tweaking to get my development environment to build the applications correctly (at least I guess it was correctly). There are no emulators currently that support MMAPI fully, so I could not test it on my machine. I succeeded in uploading the code to an LG phone of some sort. Upon running the record program, the phone no longer had audio until I rebooted it :) So I am meddling enough to break things! A really great sign!

The play application seemed happy, but since the record part was crashing, I do not know yet. However, playing audio is part of MIDP 2.0, so I have confidence in that part.

This week I will test on a couple of windows mobile phones and see what happens. In the meantime, maybe I will google for LG MMAPI issues...

No comments: