Sunday, December 28, 2008

Chinese translation of talkLock FAQ; push to talk

Well, I decided to make the talkLock project more accessible and ethnically pretty cool. So I translated the FAQ page to Chinese. I was initially very frightened, as Babelfish butchered things completely. Luckily Google was able to do a pretty good translation. So I am content for now. If you want to play with the Chinese version it is here.

So I have decided to agree with everyone who wrote in articles over the last few years saying: "Mobile Java cannot do full-duplex encrypted voice over the data network." Yes, they are right. I know that the devices can do it, but there is not enough low-level control of audio handling in the API to do it.

So talkLock is going push to talk. I have started moving the code this way but have not made a release yet. As always the current code is on marmot.

Happy Holidays and New Year, peace on earth, good will toward men, &c &c

No comments: